Thursday, May 5, 2011

The 14th Century

Well, bits of it anyway.

I'm about half way through the 28 hour long audio book The Calamitous 14th Century, but I think I've actually heard about half of it. The other half I've missed while doing incompatible activities at the same time like having a shower, putting on the washing or reading articles about Ricky Nixon's disgraceful hair and conduct.

I normally stop audio books if I'm doing an incompatible activity but not with this one. The great thing about the 14th century is that the same things happens over and over again. War, plague, war, plague, nice trip to the country, war, plague.

So I'm finding it quite easy to dip in and out of the narrative, missing chunks of it, but still getting the general idea.

But I'm glad there's not a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment