Saturday, June 11, 2011

Depressing - not!

I am listening to 1932: A hell of a year by Gerald Stone read by James Wright. It's all about the turbulent political times during the depression in Australia, and it is a surprisingly perky number.

I'm quite ignorant when it comes to Australian history. I'm embarrassed to admit I know more about America's Presidents than I do about Australia's Prime Ministers before my life time. So by listening to this story tape I am learning a lot and having fun at the same time. 1932 does a very good job of personalising the political figures and I am currently quite enthralled by the drama of the Sydney Harbour Bridge opening.

Sadly I'm to Broome tomorrow so I will have to wait 10 days to get back into it. And it's audio book month! If only I had planned ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment